Saturday, December 24, 2011

And Other Coonery: Black Women are like Taxi Drivers

Taxi Drivers are erratic and overbearing. For some strange reason they believe they own the city. But where does this sense of entitlement derive from? They deal with jaywalking and no-looking civilians everyday and must deal with the hassle of other chaotic drivers. This sense of entitlement comes from cruising the same streets over and over, and dealing with the same problems over and over again. 

Black women like cab drivers are crazy- they are in your face, aggressive, and they feel entitled. I wonder if it's because they've supported black men for so long. Because they've traveled these asphalt streets of despair for so long. Black women are so yellow, so black; so busy.

Cab drivers don't stop for black men, I don't think many black women stop for black men either now. The last time I tried to hail a cab, he refused to give me a ride.  His reason, "I'm scared" then he pulled off. 

Do black women stop for us? As we wail our arms hoping they pay attention to us, so that we can reach a mutual destination of love, of monogamy. Are they scared? How many times has a black man hailed a black woman and she stop for him. Was he worth stopping for?

They drove us(black men) through the world as husbands and sons and brothers, yet we ditched the fare when they got us here.

Black women are only as crazy as their suitors.

Is this your stop?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Alexis said...

There's many guys I come across and very few of them are worth getting in relationships with. I finally found a quality guy, but he doesn't want a girlfriend until he finishes his second degree. I know he's scared of getting hurt because he's been single for the past three years, and deep down I'm scared of getting hurt too.

I don't feel entitled, but after my last "relationship" I refuse to settle and I know how I deserve to be treated. If guys can't meet those standards, I will not give them a chance. I give people who typically aren't my type a chance, but they have other problems I just can't get past.

December 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM  
Anonymous DiamondzTreasure said...

Dang, you went hard in this post but first let me say that all black women are not like this, me being one of them. I am a very shy person, very educated and down to earth. I am the submissive type (somewhat) when it comes to relationship and I don't like tension and arguments.

With that being said I don't let anyone walk all over me and talk to me however they want to which a lot of black men feel they are entitled to do these days. I haven't had many relationships but the ones I have had were all with black men all of them were good except the last one, he has really shown me that there is evil in the world and that black men are the main culprits, especially depending on where they grew up..

He's from Oakland, CA...

Anyways, I will still stop for black men but I might definitely ride around the block a few times to see who else needs to go somewhere first. I know there are good men and bad men of every race out there but black men have the worst rap of being abusive, criminals, drug dealers, so on and so forth.

Before I said I would only, only date black men but that has now changed...

January 7, 2012 at 3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home