Monday, July 16, 2012

Is Your Booty to Big for Corporate America?

Big booties are magical and lethal. I've heard about men spending their entire pay check all over some a$$. I've seen four-car collisions all over a big juicy and rotund rump. Weeks ago I discussed with a friend that her a$$ was too big to be in a corporate setting. I argued that it would be a distraction to her coworkers. Her a$$ would be considered a visual "noise" making it hard for people to focus on the tasks at hand. After all, people enforce dress codes so that there is uniformity. So what if your physical attributes bust out of this norm that is being enforced? Who should suffer, the booty or the business?

Having a big butt like being butt ugly is that visual noise that I speak of, however having a big a$$ is hypersexualized. The sexual connation with a having a butt aren't positive attributes to have in a reserved coporate setting. Being ugly can be overlooked, comedic or just puts you in the butt of everyone's jokes. But being a brickhouse puts a woman in a room with a glass ceiling. Other's aren't able to overlook her huge butt, for the sake of "over" looking and being possessed by her physical attributes.

The fat a$$ is the most ethnic of them all concerning those with a darker complexion. Big booties are like dreads and/or afros, they aren't popularly accepted in the workforce and are usually considered too "ethnic". To the black community it is beauty, but sometimes even we give negative stereotypes to women that possess the very blueprint of what our ancestors gave us as slutty, hoochie, etc.

Even white girls with big boobs don't get as bad a rep as those thick office goddesses. Boobs are less threatening than big asses, if that makes sense. They're fun and nice, or even hospitable. But a fat ol' ass demands your attention.

Some women will retort and say "well it all depends on how a woman dresses." But I've seen asses that couldn't be contained. That clothes couldn't come near to containing only accentuating. A few women just have bodies that are so curvy that they bring clothes to life when they put them on. So thick that they make a room go silent and make civilized men say things that make neanderthal look like geniuses.

So what do you think... Can a woman have a booty to big for corporate america or the work place in general? Do you have a big butt and have you found it hard getting a white collar job? How do your male coworkers treat you or other women with huge hind-parts? Or is this some sh!t that I'm shoveling and there's obviously no difference?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Janiessa Norice said...

Well I must say as a woman with a larger backside this is an issue within Corporate America. It's interesting that you mentioned boobs as well because its true they can be covered with clothing still seen but not as obvious. However a woman with a small waist and thick bottom is mind boggling even to the gayest of men! Everyone notices it, I never considered it a reason to why its hard to get a job in Corporate America but it could be a possibility. I even choose wardrobe that "hides" my curves or makes them less visible.In my experience I just get stares some are more discrete and some are far more obvious. Its unfortunate that women of color are more likely to have a curvy body than women that are not, we cant help how we look and its still a form of discrimination.

Janiessa Norice
A Postcard from Hip Hop
@niessapeach/@pretti_hustlers

July 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my curves and embrace them fully! So when my coworkers started complaining about some of my outfits (always work appropriate) I said FUCK THEM!! It's not my fault you're not blessed and that I make my clothes look good!

July 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger theSUNK said...

@Janiessa Norice & iReMa
Maybe I should've added a feature to this blog to see what you women looked like in your work clothes, to see if I would have been distracted by your work get up.

July 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Femi Ogunrinu said...

I do agree with this blog post, being that I am a black women with curves I feel that socially its unacceptable to have curves as a black women, though women with curves of other races are more widely accepted as you can see on tv (ex. Kim Khardashian), I also believe the hip hop industry is a contributing factor when it comes to this issue. When you look at rap or r&b videos you see scantly clad women with curves shaking their a$$, and a large portion a black. So i believe in our society today, aside from the black community, having curves is synonymous with being ghetto and corporate America does not what ghetto.

July 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home